Saturday, January 18, 2020

Time to Get a Little Punchy

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

This week the Sisters in Stamping are focusing on punches. Not crazy, cool things that you can make that are "out-of-the-box" ideas, but cards that use punches on them. Punches make creating so quick and easy. No cutting out detailed images when you have a punch that can do it in one quick squeeze. So now it's time to get punchy. I hope you enjoy this card. It was fun to make.


Isn't it pretty? I used the Bird Ballad designer series paper for my card and added a little bling with some glimmer paper and even some pretty little pearls to make this little beauty. It's a great card to send a friend or family member to let them know you just wanted to say "hello."


I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock. I scored it at 4" on one side and then just because it's easier, I flipped it and scored it at 2". Then I just cut the designer paper to fit the two flaps. I punched the circle punch with the middle of the punch on the score line. I then placed the circle back in the hole and placed the white cardstock insert over it (be sure to add adhesive to the bottom half of the circle so it stick to the insert).


I then stamped the bird and punched it out with a slightly smaller circle punch so it layers nicely.  Then you decorate the closed card however you want. I added two banners, one from glimmer paper for some extra layers and interest. I also used another punch, timeless punch, to stamp the greeting on and two cute little flowers with pearl centers. 

It was such a fun card to make. Think of all the possibilities you can create when you switch them up. 

Thanks for stopping by. Se sure to visit soon.


Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment