Sunday, September 17, 2023

A Fractured Card is Better Than a Fractured Bone


Hello Stamping Friends,

Here today with a Sunday Funday Challenge with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are making fractured cards. What is that? Well, a fractured card is better than a fractured bone for sure. 


It's a card that looks all broken up and put back together again like Humpty Dumpty. (LOL)  However, this card is way easier to make than I though it was going to be. Isn't that always a good thing. A card that looks hard to make, but in reality it is super easy.



Looks like a lot of pieces, don't you think? Well it's not. It's a base, a layer of DSP, the white square and four strips of cardstock. No major cutting. No weird angles. Pretty straightforward.  (Oh, there's some scrap white cardstock too for the skates)

I cut my white square to 2 1/4", stamped on it in the diamond shape. Placed that on top of the polka dot designer series paper and then took one 1/4" x 5" strip of cardstock and placed it at the top edge of diamond and let it hang off the paper. Then took another 1/4" strip and butted it up against the previous strip at the bottom of the diamond and let that hang off the paper. The third strip was the same thing starting along the bottom right side of the diamond. And the fourth strip was finished the same way.  Once all four of the strips were on, I cut off the excess following the edge of the paper. 


I stamped the skates on scrap paper, colored them with Stampin' Blends and finished them off with some wink of stella pen. I love the sparkle on them. For the disco ball, I wanted colored sections, so I squeezed my ink pads together to get some ink on the lid and then picked up the color with the wink of stella brush tip and "painted" each section. I love, love, love how sparkly it turned out. 

Definitely takes me back to the younger years of roller skating on Friday nights. What great fun and memories. 

Now go check out some other fractured cards on Sisters with Stamping. You're going to love this new technique. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, click on my name below to order any supplies you may need.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment