Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sisters in Stamping Sunday Fun Day

Hello Stamping Friends,

Thanks for joining me for another fantastic Sunday Fun Day with the Sisters in Stamping. This week's focus is on tools. Stampin' Up! has so many great tools to use while you are crafting and creating. What is your favorite tool?


I used the Stampin' trimmer to score my vellum layer to make a grid on it. I know it's not the easiest thing to see on the picture of the finished card, so I included another picture of just the vellum before it was attached to the designer series paper. (You'll see it below)


The vellum layer also mutes the designer paper a little bit. This card has a lot of layers and I absolutely love that. Again, like I have said many times before, Stampin' Up!'s designer series paper makes creating so easy. The colors are selected for you and work perfectly together, which makes the rest of the process so easy.


Here's the vellum before being attached to the base of the card. I scored every half inch on both sides to make the grid. One piece of advice is to not score too hard because you will cut through the vellum as it is not as thick as cardstock. Be careful. Trust me, I know these things. (wink, wink)


On the above picture you can see the grid with how much I zoomed in. On the finished card it is subtle, but it is a nice little touch to add another element of dimension.


And one final picture for you. A close up of the main focal point. I added one of the larger blue gems to the bottom of the flower and then I added five small gems to make a line going down the left hand side of the greeting strip. I must say; I love how this card turned out. I actually used one of the sample cards in the catalog for the In Symmetry stamp set for my inspiration. Check it out.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using the Stampin' Up! tools.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment