Thursday, October 7, 2021

Crafty Collaborations - Background Stamp Blog Hop

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to my blog and another great crafty collaborations blog hop. This hop is focusing on background stamps. I love using background stamps. They cover a full card in just  one ink of the stamp. Can't get much easier than that, now can it?


I loved the tie-dye background stamps at soon as I saw it in the catalog. I needed to have it. So, I got it. I was at a retreat earlier in the year and I played with it a lot there to see what I can do with it. I have shared several of those cards the past few months, but today's card was probably the most memorable card I made that day. There were a lot of laughs (to the point tears were flowing and stomachs were hurting) involved which I won't go into the whole story, but maybe you can surmise and leave a comment as to what you think the meaning behind this card is.  Hint: It has the names of the people that were at the retreat.  I will say this: I love when I get to spend time with these ladies and I look forward to the next retreat in a few months.



I thought the Party Puffins were the perfect addition to use with this particular background stamp.  I inked and stamped the tie-dye in three different colors (melon mambo, pumpkin pie, and daffodil delight). After the first color was stamped, I cleaned and reinked then I would turn the stamp just a smidge to stamp the next color and repeat for the third color. It's gives a great tie-dye look.

Then I just stamped the puffins on scrap paper and cut them out. I colored their beaks and feet with Stampin' blends. For the names I wrote under the puffins, I used a Stampin' Write marker.  The puffins are attached using dimensionals (but I'm sure you already knew that).

Remember leave a comment about what you think was behind the making of this card. As always, thank you for stopping by. See you soon.




4 comments: