Saturday, August 14, 2021

Stampers Dozen Blog Hop - Move Me

Hello Stamping Friends,

Are you loving all of these blog hops? I love being a part of them and hope you are finding them inspiring as I am. I love picking up tips and design ideas from others that I may not have thought of.  Tonight, we have another Stampers Dozen Blog Hop. Seriously, these are once a month, but the month goes by so quick every month that I say how can it be time for Stampers Dozen again. This month's theme is a little movement.


Cards that move are so exciting to make and even more exciting to see the recipient open the card (if you have the option to be there when it's opened). There are so many different types of movement cards, if you do a search you'll be surprised.


Here's the front of my card. A nice birthday card using Biggest Wishes and the Penguin Place stamp set along with the FREE Penguin Playmates designer series paper from Sale-a-bration. Not much movement here you say, that's okay because the surprise is on the inside.


Look at that! Open it up and pops up a bunch of birthday balloons to surprise the birthday person. The balloons are attached to the card using 1/4" strips of window sheets. I attached the ribbon between the dimensionals and the balloons before putting it on the window sheet strip. The string is tied together to make a balloon bouquet and then just left hanging.


So to get the movement, I cut a 8 1/4" x 5 1/4" piece of basic white cardstock. Then I folded it in half and I took a ruler on an angle (no measuring for me) and folded the cardstock on the fold to make a triangle. Then open up the cardstock and reverse fold it so the pop up comes out of the center of the card.

Don't forget to keep hopping by clicking the links below. You'll be awed by all the ideas.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable, Rachel! I love the pop-up balloons! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the pop-up balloon idea!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! I've never tried one but will now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How incredibly cute, Rachel! I love the balloons popping up when the card is opened. TFS.

    ReplyDelete