Monday, July 5, 2021

Let's Hear it for the Red, White, & Blue


Time for another round with the Sisters in Stamping. This week's theme is Red, White, & Blue. Great time to remember what our founding fathers here in the U.S. of A. wanted for our country for a long time to come.


I decided to make a little treat to give to my grandson for this week's challenge. A treat bag full of M&M's is surely going to make anyone happy. You may be wondering where I got the treat bag from since Stampin' Up! only sells 6x8 cello bags now. Well, we do have another cello item that worked perfectly: a clear envelope. Pretty neat, right?  I just filled it with the candy and then sealed it by folding it down where I wanted it to end and creased the fold pretty hard by running my fingernails over it a few times.



I then used Pacific Point, Real Red, and Basic White to make a "flag" for the topper of my card. The Stitchery set is a perfect set to make the lines of the flag. You even have 8 different stitch lines to choose from to make your flag unique. The little star came from the Hats Off set and the "happy" came from the Biggest Wish set. I've used that one a lot lately. I really think it's my favorite greeting set this year. We don't have any stamps that say fourth of July or anything close, so I used the "happy" and then die cut the "4th" using the Playful Alphabets dies. I really liked using those because it added an extra dimension rather than just stamping anyway. 

Of course, I had to fill it with some coordinating M&M's. I love how they really coordinate with the Stampin' Up! colors I used. Glad they could work together so perfectly. 

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed are are inspired.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment