Sunday, March 28, 2021

Share It Sunday Blog Hop

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's time for another Share it Sunday blog hop. That was a fast month. Whew. How in the world does time go so fast any more?


Remember the candy bar I shared with you last week using the "designer paper" I made? Well, this is another card made using that hand-stamped "designer paper." This is a fun pop-up card that I made at a retreat one of my demonstrator friends hosted that I attended recently. I love how she designed it and honestly didn't even change anything. That says a lot because I usually put my own spin on things. Not that I mean to or dislike what they did, it's just because my brain just starts thinking more and more.


This is a regular card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") that is scored at 2", 4", 6", and 8". The 1/2" left over is where you place the adhesive to make your box. Then you score at at 2 3/4" on the long side and cut up to the score line on the 2", 4", 6", 8" because that will be the top part of your card that fall down to see what's inside. 


The "designer paper" is cut at 1 3/4" x 2 1/2". You will need 8 of those pieces. Adhere four on the inside parts that fall and then four on the bottom outside pieces. For the pop-up parts you will need 2 pieces of 2 1/2" x 1/2" strips of cardstock. Score each one a 1/4" on each side and adhere to the inside of the box. Then decorate any way you would like. This card used strips of window sheets for the pop-up pieces so you don't see them.


And here's the full sheet of my hand-stamped "designer paper." I love the way it turned out and it was very  much like regular designer paper: it's so pretty you don't want to cut it. The really cool thing about this card is that it folds flat and fits in one of our envelopes so they are great to mail.


Product List

10 comments: