Sunday, March 28, 2021

Under My Umbrella on a Rainy Day

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's Sunday Fun Day with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are sharing with you cards that we cased. (Well, in my case cased and made my own. Sorry, I just can't help myself) Let's be honest here, how often do you copy a card you see exactly as it is? Don't you change the colors or stamp set? Maybe add an embellishment or two?


I didn't plan to share this card just because it is a rainy day, but it is a rainy day in the northeast region of the U.S., so it's perfect for the weather. I think even though it is a rainy day card, the brightness is so cheerful that it's okay.


This is a card with a folded piece inside because otherwise you would see the message through the window sheet. See the picture below to really understand what I'm talking about. I stamped the images for the boots and the umbrellas on bright colored designer series paper and then cut them out. The grass I just snipped about halfway down on a strip of designer paper. I seriously love how cute this card is. 


See what I mean now? The inside piece is cut at 4"x8" and folded in half before being attached to the base.  I stamped a little greeting in the center and then the raindrops around it because you need rain with umbrellas.


Below is the card that I "copied." Can you at least see where my inspiration came from. I changed the layout of the card to landscape and obviously changed the stamp set. However, tulips and umbrellas both scream spring to me. 


Don't forget to visit the Sisters in Stamping blog for more inspiration.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment