Friday, February 7, 2020

All About the Hearts

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another week with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are all about the hearts. Today is Go Red for Women in honor of women's heart health month. This is a day near and dear to my heart because my mom died at the young age of 40 from a massive heart attack which changed my life forever. 


Below is a picture of her and my fiance (now husband) just a few short weeks before she passed away. Notice she was wearing red. Her favorite color. Interesting how we celebrate women's heart health in February, the month of her birthday, in the same week as her birthday. Great way for our family to remember and honor her.


She somehow always managed to live life to the fullest no matter what was going on around her. It's been 25 years since she left us and I miss her every single day. I still have the dress she is wearing. Perhaps one day I will wear it for her. 


My project for today was a class I held last week. I love, love, love the way it turned out. It's a 12x12 page that goes in a frame for a marvelous home decor piece. It looks very complicated, but in reality it was pretty easy to make. It's all about the layering, and I have a lot of layers going on. 

I used the From My Heart Suite Bundle to make this and then just added in a few other things to complete it. Each little square or rectangle looks great on it's own, but the look of them all together is just fantastic. Using the suite bundle gave me everything at my fingertips and made creating this artwork so easy. 

Everyone at the class loved it. I'm even going to hold a St. Patrick's Day class soon. Contact me if you are interested in that class. I even offer them to go if you can't make it in person.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more heartfelt ideas.


Product List
Basic Black 12" X 12" Card Stock
Basic Black 12" X 12" Card Stock
[124267]
$7.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment