Friday, October 26, 2018

Let's Shake Things Up!

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

I know it's been awhile since I posted. Thanks for bearing with me. I've still been creating and holding classes, posting just hasn't been able to happen. I can't wait to share more with you in the upcoming weeks. It will get your creative juices flowing.

Today with the Sisters in Stamping we are sharing with you shaker cards. Big person or small person, everyone loves to receive a fun interactive card. This one is sure to please your little friends at Christmas. Imagine their excitement as they take the "boring" card out of the envelope and find that Santa's beard is a snow globe full of sparkly fun.


You may be saying to  yourself, "I don't remember Stampin' Up! having that stamp!"  Well, you're right, it's not a stamp at all and that's what makes this a quick and relatively easy shaker card to make. The supplies are minimal and it comes together rather quickly, so even if you are a slacker and waited until the last minute (like I usually am anymore) you can make a fun card to give. I used one of the Memories and More card packs (found  in the Holiday Catalog) for my focal point.


The card is 4"x6" so I cut it down to 4'x 5 1/4", then I used another card from the pack cut down to the same size for the inside of his beard. In real life it is super sparkly. The snowflakes are all glitter.  I cut a 2 1/2" circle out of his beard, cut a window sheet to fit and then used the dimensional strips to make my shaker area. I then attached the Santa card to the snowflake card also using he dimensional strips so the card doesn't buckle.


For the inside shaker elements, I used a few of the self adhesive snowflakes that come in the card pack. They are sticky on the back so I used the embossing buddy to take the stickiness away. I also used some silver, white and blue chunky glitter.

See, I told you it was pretty easy to make. Now, don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping to see more shaker card ideas.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment