Friday, August 31, 2018

Another Awesome Color Challenge

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's the last Friday of summer. I know, I know, summer doesn't end until later in September but come on we know that once Labor Day comes that's the official end of summer for all intents and purposes. Anyway, before we get all teary-eyed thinking about it let's have some fun with the Sisters in Stamping.  Today's challenge was a color one. I have to admit, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color combo so the challenge was a breeze.


Aren't these some of the best colors together?


Here's my card. This card was designed for double-duty purposes. I used it for a recent workshop knowing that I had this challenge coming up. Gotta love being able to get a two for one deal.

The butterfly was stamped on a window sheet using Staz-on ink and then colored from behind using the Stampin' Blends markers. I cheated a bit on the color combo because we don't have a lemon lime twist blend marker so I used the Granny Apple Green, which comes out coordinating beautifully (if you ask me!). The fun part of the butterfly is the glitter backing. Once it is all colored in you put some glue dots on the window sheet and attach it to glimmer paper. Once attached, cut it out and pop it up on your card. It's absolutely gorgeous. A great way to have glitter without the mess of glitter.


Just a close-up so you can see how sparkly it is.

The bermuda bay cardstock was embossed with the subtle embossing folder which gives a nice textured look to the cardstock. Much like the old textured cardstock we used to carry a few years ago. Then I used the stitched framelits to cut out the large white circle to make the butterfly pop even more.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping for even more great ideas using this fun color combo.

Thanks for stopping by. See  you soon.




Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment