Friday, April 10, 2015

Did Someone Say Pic a Nic Basket?

Hello Stamping Friends,

That's right a little Yogi Bear coming out today. And yes, I said I made a pic a nic basket. You will love it, I promise.

Today's posting from the Sisters in Stamping is all about 3D projects. It's always fun to create a paper craft gift or container that you can give to a friend or use as a party favor. Be sure to check out the blog for more 3D projects, you will love them.

I am sharing with you a picnic basket made using the berry basket die that you can find in the Occasions Catalog. I'll share a few more projects with you over the next few days that also use the berry basket die. I think you will love the versatility of this die after you see what you can make with it.


Isn't is the cutest thing ever. Perfect compliment to any barbecue you will be hosting this summer. Cute to hold some treats for the guests to take home or just put a few out with some goodies for the guests to enjoy while at your barbecue.  I added the handle and the lid to the already adorable berry basket to make this picnic basket.


I attached the lid using the modern label punch and some brads. Now thinking about it, I would change the hinges to early espresso so it would look more like leather. Wouldn't that look even better? For the lid I just measured the opening on the top of the basket and cut a square that size. I then stamped it and folded it in half to make the lid look like that. I thought it looked too dull being a flat lid.


Here it is opened. Isn't the red polka dotted liner the icing on the cake?  I love how it looks all finished and put together. I know if I went to a party and got to take one of these beauties home with me at the end, it would be the best thing ever. So, who's having the party, making these as party favors and of course, inviting me?

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great 3D project ideas.

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check in over the next few days for more berry basket ideas.

Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$99.95
Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
[126902]
$10.95

No comments:

Post a Comment