Thursday, September 20, 2012

Treat for a Friend

Hello Stamping Friends,

Well it's taken me almost 2 full months to show you all of the samples I made for the convention display boards, but the end has come. Today is the final project that I stamped for Stampin' Up! to put on display for Convention 2012. I feel so very honored to have been asked to stamp for the displays. It was an absolutely wonderful experience and it made me stretch outside my normal comfort zone.

This final project is a treat box made using the petal cone die. I cut the die cut down and then scored it to make this awesome little chinese take out container type box. Check it out below.

 
This picture is the decoration on top of the box.  I die cut the flower and then embossed it. Curled the petals a bit and put it all together with dimensionals between each layer. The flower was finished off with a couple of basic rhinestones.  I also used a couple of the stamps from the Affection Collection to make sure the recipient of this box would know just how special they are.
 
 
This picture shows the side of the box.  I embossed the petal cone die cuts with the fancy fan embossing folder (which is the same die that I used on the flower layers).  I also made a quick one ince belly band to hold the box closed and to give it a little more finished look.  These are the treat boxes that I made for Brittney's wedding last year. I made about 120 of these guys but let me tell you, I loved making them. We put pink flowers on it instead of the summer starfruit flower you see here.
 
Stamping Supplies Needed:
Stamps: Affection Collection
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Basic Black
Cardstock: Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, & Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Petal Cone Die, Fancy Fan Embossing folder, dimensionals, basic rhinestones, paper snips, summer starfruit 3/8" inch stitched satin ribbon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment