Friday, September 21, 2012

Let's Do some "Wheelies"

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's time for Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping again. This week we are focusing on projects using wheels. Wheels are a great tool to have but lately they have been left on the sidelines because there are so many other great accessories to use too.  So we decided to bring them out and play today.  My sister-in-law Danielle, laughs when I talk about wheels. She says I need to be careful so I don't pop a wheely. So Danielle, this post is in your honor. Hope you enjoy!

 
I decided to use the Take a Sip wheel that coordinates with the Morning Cup stamp set (Another great thing about wheels, they coordinate with our awesome stamp sets) to make a little gift idea, a tea bag holder. Isn't it cute, kind of looks like a tea bag right? Just don't steep it in your cup of hot water, you know what will happen right? Consider yourself warned!

 
Here's the little tag that's hanging from the top of the "tea bag."

 
And a close-up of top of the holder.  The teapot is attached using a dimensional. Also, I used a dimensional to hold the top closed.

 
And a picture of it openend.  The holder begins with a 3 x 8 1/2" piece of sahara sand cardstock. I then scored the cardstock at 3", 3 1/4", 3 1/2" and 6 1/2". The tag that's hanging from linen thread is a 1" x 2" piece of cardstock folded in half (1"x1" square).
 
I free hand cut the sides at an angle. Well, really I cut one side free hand and then I used that cut piece as a pattern to cut the other side to make them the same.  Did the same thing for the little tag.
 
Pretty easy, right.  I scored first and then wheeled so that my teacups were all facing up no matter which way you looked at it. Yes, you do have to be careful not to wheel the whole thing in one direction or else some of your cups will be upside down.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Morning Cup
Ink: Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Sahara Sand
Accessories, Take a Sip Wheel, Standard Handle, Pink Pirourette & Bravo Burgundy Stampin' Write Markers, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Snail Adhesive & Linen Thread
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more wheely great ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment