Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sweet Baby Cards

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today with the Sisters in Stamping we are sharing some sweet baby cards with you. 



And as I await the arrival of my first granddaughter, I was inclined to make a pink card. I am so excited, I just can't wait for her to get here. She is our second grandchild, first girl. Needless to say, my grandson is not having any of it. He's definitely a little jealous and told me that I can't spend time with her like I do him once a week. I told him that he is my favorite grandson and she will be my favorite granddaughter. He made sure to let me know that that is not an option because he is the favorite grandchild. I suppose he's in for an adjustment soon. I know he will love her once she's here.



The thing I absolutely love about this card is that it doesn't use a baby set.  So even if you don't have a set for a particular occasion, you can still make a great card. I used the designer series paper from the mini catalog, Lighter than Air. The pastel colors are perfect for a new baby. I also used the Alphabet Ala Mode dies to cut the letters for baby.  The rectangle behind is from the Radiating stitches dies and the white layer (although difficult to see in the picture) is embossed with some dots. That folder is unfortunately no longer available. I will miss it, but will be keeping my dots. 

I used the petal park flower punch to make the flower after I curled the edges of each petal to give it some dimension. And what little baby girl card would be complete without some soft pearls?

So next time you need to make a card last minute using a specific theme and don't have stamps to match, think outside the box a bit and use what you have on hand.

Remember to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more baby card ideas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment