Wednesday, September 13, 2023

A Little Vellum Goes a Long Way



Hello Stamping Friends,

This week with the Sisters in Stamping we are sharing projects using vellum. Just a little bit a vellum can go a long way in changing the entire look of your card. 


I used plain, non-stamped vellum as an overlay on the beautiful autumn designer series paper that I wanted to use for my backdrop. It softens the look of the card and makes it more elegant looking.


See how vibrant this paper is, but how it softens right up with the vellum over it? Also, notice the vellum isn't attached at the top because you can see the adhesive through it. So when you are working with vellum you need to hid the adhesive. I hid it behind the leaves and the strip that goes across the bottom part. 


I used the autumn leaves dies to cut the leaves for my focal point. I also used the blending brushes to add some color and texture to each leaf.  The card is finished off with some speckled gems. They add the perfect touch.

Don't forget to head on over to the Sisters in Stamping to see more vellum ideas.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon for more inspiration.  If you would like to purchase any of the items used on the card, please contact me or visit my website by clicking on my name below.

See you soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment