Monday, March 14, 2022

Fantasy Blog Hop - Crafty Collaborations

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today I'm hopping with Crafty Collaborations and the theme is Fantasy. What would that theme mean to you?


So for me fantasy meant mermaids. (Side note: when I was in high school one of my favorite movies was the Little Mermaid. My friends and I would pop our cassette tape in while cruising around and we would belt out all the songs on the soundtrack. Man, I miss those days.) However, after making this card (even though I absolutely love how it turned out) I decided the fantasy part of this card was that I would make another one like it. It was a lot of work stamping the greeting in different colors, stamping and coloring three different mermaids and then cutting them out.


I used the Highland Heather pad to make the cardstock look like it had waves. I just brushed the pad lightly along the cardstock until I achieved my desired look. I also stamped the greeting in highland heather and coastal cabana alternating after each time I stamped. Then I filled in with some daffodil delight starfish to close any gaps. I covered it with the metallic mesh trim to give it the look of water and/or netting since they are under the sea. (Yep, like that cheesy reference. No shame here.)


The mermaids were colored with Stampin' Blends. I then added a little shimmer using the Wink of Stella glitter brush. Those mermaid scales should definitely sparkle in my opinion.


I then stamped the greeting three times on the inside of the card and place a few starfish in the bottom corner. Honestly, I love how this card turned out, but I probably wouldn't suggest making a bunch of them. This would be for a special birthday girl. 









Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

4 comments:

  1. Mermaids are perfect for this theme. Wonderful card. I to loved the Little Mermaid, although it was my daughter who got me hooked on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some special girl will love getting this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love this card. The mermaids are perfect and the colors are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind went to the mermaids when I first thought of doing this. You make a great card with them!

    ReplyDelete