Monday, February 22, 2021

Crafty Challenge Blog Hop - Card Sketch

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm back. Are you loving me sharing so much with you lately? I am loving creating, posting, and sharing with you. I know wasn't the best for the past two years, but life was pulling me in different directions. I'm excited to be participating in this blog hop and love card sketches. The picture below is the sketch of the card we were to follow. 


And below is my card. I think I accomplished the goal, what do you think?  I posted yesterday using the same set and designer paper. This card is a totally different look. You know what is really cool? I only used one stamp. I used the designer series paper for my images. The only thing stamped is the word sweet. That leaves this card open to give for just about any fun occasion.


I used the designer series paper to guide me in choosing colors for my cardstock. Once I selected pool party as the base I settled on soft sea foam for the inner oval (it's small and not showing a ton) and then so saffron for the outer oval. I love the look of the rainbow glimmer paper in such small strips. It packs such a punch that you really don't need to use at lot at once, making one 12"x12" sheet last a long time. 

For the popsicles, I just cut them straight off the designer series paper. It's great artwork so don't be afraid to cut it and use it. 

The blue gems are a carry-over item from the holiday catalog and I think they work perfectly with this card. 

Don't forget to keep hopping. Click the links below to see more creations using the above card sketch.  Also, remember, I'm celebrating by 20th anniversary all week. Check out yesterday's post or the post on the 19th for more information.


Product List


8 comments: