Friday, August 17, 2018

Time to Turn Up the Heat

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's getting a little hot today with the Sisters in Stamping because we are turning up the heat. Yep, we are heat embossing. I love embossing on cards. I call it Magic for Mommies. It has such a wow factor every time. You watch are powder turn into a nice shiny image right before you very eyes with just a little heat. (well, actually the heat is pretty hot, so I guess it's not just a little, lol)

I decided to do a technique with my card called emboss resist. It's a double wow, I promise. Keep reading to find out how to do it.


First, you heat emboss your image (the dandelion flower) using white embossing powder and versamark ink. When it cools down, you take a sponge dauber and ink it up in your ink (rich razzleberry in this case), then starting in the center move out to cover the dandelion flower in circular motions. If I needed to add more ink, I started in the center again and then moved out in circular motions each time. This way my center was darker than the rest of the flower, which is the look I wanted.


This card is the same thing, but turned to show you that you can set it up different and still have a great looking card. Everything is the same except the position of the greeting (well, the greeting was changed too) and the horizontal position of the card instead of vertical. 

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more embossing ideas.

Remember you can always order any of these items by clicking on my name below or emailing me with your order.




Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment