Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Stamper's Dozen August Color Challenge


Remember to Create!
Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope if you live here in the Northeast you are dry. The rain yesterday was wicked. My poor son had soccer tryouts (twice) in the pouring rain yesterday. He was soaked within minutes of leaving the car. First order of business after he got out home was a nice hot shower each time.  We experienced several leaks in our roof due to the intensity of the rain. Now we have someone coming out to see if it can be repaired or if we need to get a new roof (not loving that idea, that's for sure). This morning is a little better. When we left it was raining but now that Jonah is at practice it's just a cloudy day with the sun trying it's darndest to make an appearance. There was so much flooding all around us. I would take the few leaks over flooded basements that many friends I know experienced.

Can you believe it's already half way through August? I love the Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop, but, boy oh boy, it makes me realize the month is passing quickly before my eyes. This month is a color challenge. I must admit, I was pretty excited to use these colors. They are just happy colors. (Sorry, Michele, I know you don't like Pink, lol)


I pulled a set out that I haven't used in quite a while. I did a presentation with this set back in November 2016. I needed to make a bunch of cards and I think I got tired of it quick but I thought it needed to be dusted off and inked up for this combo.


I stamped the clouds in melon mambo ink all over the background. Then stamped the smaller two balloons on white cardstock, small one in flirty flamingo and medium one in lemon lime twist. I then used the dark flirty flamingo Stampin' Blend to color in some white spaces on the medium balloon.

The large balloon is die cut from white cardstock and then the layers of color behind is also diecut in the colors to make a striped balloon. The clouds are diecut as well. I then just stamped the greeting on the large cloud. A fun way to add the greeting.

I used the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon as some added texture and dimension. Of course, that was after I added the large balloon and two of the clouds to the card using dimensionals.


I cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside and stamped a small balloon in melon mambo. Cute!


I love how this card turned out. Hope it gives you some inspiration to get your Lift Me Up set out and make some fun cards with it.  Don't forget to keep hopping through all the blogs to see more creations using these colors.










Product List

Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

No comments:

Post a Comment