Friday, December 16, 2016

Did You Wear Your Pearls Today?

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today at the Sisters in Stamping we are celebrating "Wear Your Pearls Day" by sharing some great projects that use some Basis Pearls, the perfect little addition to finish off every stamped project. The Basic Pearls are a great finishing look.


For this card, I used the botanical blooms stamp set and thinlits in what I would call a non-traditional color combination. I usually want to make flowers that are yellow, pink, and purple. Never blues, but I must admit that I really like the finished look of this card even though I'm not a "blue person."

I love these thinlits because they cut the shape out and also cut the center out just a bit so some of the flowers have dimension. Notice the little pearls at the center of each flower? They really add a lot to the overall finished look of this card. Without it, the flowers would be a bit "dull." Do you agree?

Adding some texture to the layered basic gray cardstock gives the card even more dimension. You know I love using some textured folders on most projects. I think at this point, I often feel that a project isn't "finished" until it has some texture on it.

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using pearls. Hope you wore your pearls today.



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

No comments:

Post a Comment