Friday, October 11, 2013

Best of 25 Years

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today is Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping.  Our challenge this week is to use any one of the Best of sets anyway we would like. So with fall here and Thanksgiving a few weeks away, I thought this little pumpkin was certainly the way to go.

 
It is stamped onto a piece of muslin using Black Staz-on ink.  I then colored it in (but not completely, I kind of sketched with the colors so I wouldn't lose the stamped image) using the Stampin' Write Markers.  After it was stamped, colored, and the greeting stamped, I used the deco framelits to cut it out so I could layer it onto the front of one of our canvas bags. Once it was cut, I outlined the muslin so you can distinguish the shape a lot easier.

 
Before attaching the muslin piece, I glued the burlap ribbon around the bag and cut a small piece of pumpkin pie chevron ribbon to layer on top of the burlap in the front. I then attached the muslin using the multi-purpose tombo glue. It's a great glue that holds so well.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Best of 25 Fall Set
Ink: Black Staz-on, Soft Suede (for the greeting)
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon, Stampin' Write Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Tombo Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Big Shot, Deco Labels Framelits, Craft Scissors
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping for more great ideas using the Best of sets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment