Friday, August 30, 2013

Favorite New Product

Hello Stamping Friends,
 
Today is Friday and you all know what that means: Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping.  Friday is  day we all look forward to for so many different reasons. One of the many reasons I like Friday is that I get to share my love for stamping and creating with all of you and my "Sisters in Stamping"  I love being a part of that group, these ladies have become friends that I treasure and it all started because of stamps and our love of creating.
 
This week with the sisters we are showing you some of our favorite new products. There are so many great new things in the Holiday catalog as well as other things that recently became available that you won't find in either catalog. Prior to the holiday catalog coming out, I was wanting to begin a monthly banner class. There are so many reasons to decorate throughout the year and I thought a banner would be a great home décor piece to add to each occasion. Well, imagine my excitement when I received the holiday catty in my hot little hands and saw the new banner kit. This just made the whole banner class process that much easier.
 
 
This is the banner created at my first class: Celebrate. What better way to kick off the new class but with a celebration banner that can be used for so many occasions. Birthday (of course), retirement, kid's great report card, new job or promotion, or any other event that you want to celebrate.  I kept it kind of neutral by not putting any party hats or cupcakes on it so that it could be used for anything and not just for a birthday.

 
The next few photos will be close-ups of a few banner pieces at a time so you can see them closer.  I love the banner kit because of the awesome stencils that come with it. You get three stencils to make backgrounds, one circle stencil, in case you wanted to color the circle the letter is in and then you get stencils for the complete alphabet. Isn't that awesome?


I made some lollies for the banner and glued a little brights button to the center to hide the hot glue.  They are also hot glued to the banner to make sure they stay put. Notice the "l" banner, it has an extra piece of canvas attached over the banner that comes in the kit.  I cut a piece of canvas from the 12x12 canvas sheet that you will find in the 2013-2014 Catalog. Fun little spin, right?


I also used Chevron ribbon in colors that closely coordinated with the colors I sponged on to the banners using the stencils and ink pads to decorate the twine that is holding the banner all together.

 
Isn't it an awesome little banner that will make your next celebration even more special?  As I mentioned earlier, I am offering a banner class every month. September's theme is Halloween so be watching for my class schedule so you can attend.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, & Daffodil Delight
Paper: Brights Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories: Build a Banner Kit, 12x12 Canvas Sheet, Simple Scored Tool, Brights Buttons, Stamping Sponges, Silcone Craft Sheet, Sticky Strip, Craft Scissors, Chevron Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, & Pumpkin Pie
Non-Stampin' Up!: Glue Stick & Hot Glue Gun
 
Don't forget to stop by the Sisters in Stamping blog to see what new products they used. And, as always, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment