Friday, March 29, 2013

Ready for the Bunny?

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's time for another great Fabulous Friday posting with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are sharing with you some last minute Easter treat ideas.  These are great if you want to give something small so show you care but want to make a huge impact.  I made about 45 of these cute little guys and gave them to Jonah to pass out to all the teachers and aides in his school. I was there that day as a mom (I am often a teacher there when substituting for other teachers) just volunteering to help with the annual egg races and many of the teachers and aides shared their excitement with me about getting this little treat.

They do deserve a little more appreciation then they get and definitely more often than what they receive. I was happy to see that I was able to put a little smile on their faces and brighten their day a little more. Afterall, the day was pretty bright for them already. It was a half day and then they would have the next 5 days off for Easter break.

 
Isn't it adorable?  And the best part of all is that there is chocolate inside.  I used the two tags die to make this little holder.  I folded a piece of cardstock in half and placed it just above the end of the tag so that it wouldn't cut the cardstock in two pieces, rather it would keep the fold and I'd be able to hide something inside.

 
I made them in all different colors. I just went to my stash of scraps (there's plenty of that hanging around) and pulled all "Eastery" colors. I actually used all scraps for the bunnies as well. Yes, I had that much early espresso pieces laying around.  I didn't have to cut even one full sheet of cardstock to make all 45 treats. Crazy, when you think about it.
 
So if you need to make a few little treats, just make these guys. They truly are quick and easy and quite impressive when received.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Cardstock: scraps of early espresso, wisteria wonder, pool party, calypso coral (for ones shown above, but remember use any Spring colors. I used a lot of the subtles)
Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Houndstooth Embossing folder, Blossom Builder Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, ornament punch, small oval punch, scraps of ribbon, glue dots, dimensionals and flower trim (for the tail)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment