Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hello?

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you had a great weekend.  All I need to know is, why in the world does the time go so quickly on the weekend but during the week, it often drags on?  If you can find the answer to this profound questions, please let me in on the secret.

Today's card is one made with a Sale-a-bration set that I just NEEDED to have. I absolutely feel in love with the phone booth, ferris wheel, and old fashioned bike (I know it has a name, I just don't know it, lol)  I know many of today's youth will have no idea what the phone booth is and I think that is such a shame.  Technology put these guys out of business.

 
I couldn't wait to make a fun red phone booth card.  And now here it is. What do you think? I even colored it in and those of you who know me pretty well, know just how I feel about coloring. I dislike it and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'd much rather cut out (yes, with scissors, not big shot and dies) 100 flowers than color 100 flowers.
 
I love the feel the newsprint paper gives this cards. Definitely screams nostalgia to me.  And what better to pair the phone booth with but the little hello stamp from the Pretty Petites sale-a-bration set.  I stamped the hello and then punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch.  Gives it a totally different look, right?  I think that's one of the most awesome things about using punches.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental & Petite Pairs
Ink: Black Staz-on, Real Red Classic Ink
Paper: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Basic Black, First Edition Specialty Paper
Accessories: Dimensionals (that goes without saying, right?), 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, aqua painter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment