Monday, February 18, 2013

You are my Sunshine, My Only Sunshine

Hello Stamping Friends,

It was a bright, beautifully sunny day here in NEPA.  The sun was out and bright much of the day, which made it a very enjoyable day (from inside that is because it was awfully cold outside despite the sun).  I thought this card was a perfect way to celebrate the day.

The "You are my Sunshine" stamp is a single stamp that you can purchase now through the end of March.  When I saw it I knew it was a stamp that I just needed to have.  I have a story to share (I've been doing that a lot lately, hope you don't mind).  I needed to have this stamp because when my Mom was pregnant with me she wanted to find a name that her family couldn't shorten. She said they shortened everyone's names and she wanted them to call me by my appropriate name.  So her and my Dad decided on Rachel.  She didn't see how they could shorten Rachel.  Well, lo and behold they found a way to shorten it, they started calling me Rae.  So to make things better she decided to go along with it and said Rae was okay because I was her "Rae" of sunshine.  Now you can see exactly why I "needed" to have this stamp. There's so many other great singles stamps, you're going to have to check them out HERE.

 
I love the chalkboard technique and thought this stamp would be a perfect stamp for the technique.  You stamp your image in white craft ink on black cardstock, emboss with white embossing powder and then when the embossing is cooled you smudge white craft ink across the cardstock using a stamping sponge. 
 
I also used a few images from the Every Little Bit set to finish off the look I wanted, doodling on a chalkboard.  After I embossed all the images I took a pink and a yellow permanent marker and colored over some of the white embossing so I can have "colored" chalk drawings.  I love how I finished it off with some "pieces" of chalk on the chalk holder at the bottom.  Very easy to do, just cut small scraps and the beauty is that they don't have to be the same or perfect, it's chalk, there's no perfect chalk once you start using it.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Every Little Bit, Sunshine (single)
Ink: White Craft Ink
Paper: Silver, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White Cardstock
Accessories: Tulip Frame embossing folder, big shot, white embossing powder, heat gun, snail adhesive, stamping sponges, Permanent Markers (non Stampin' Up)
 
Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment