Friday, September 2, 2011

Gotta love that Big Shot!!!!!

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on the new Big Shot dies and accessories that are in the great Holiday Mini Catalog.Last week I used the Snow burst textures impressions folder on my card so this week I decided to use the Holiday Stocking Bigz L die.  I love the little stocking and I see so many projects using this in my future.  Don't forget to think outside the box and see baby booties, or turn it upside down and make a hobby horse (remember the horse's heads on a stick that you would ride???)



Well there was no thinking outside the box for me this week.  I wanted to use the die as it was intended, a Christmas stocking.  I made ornaments using felt from it. They are just a reverse of each other.



Can't you see your Christmas tree covered in them?  Imagine the possibilities. It can be used to make cards, banners, gift card holders and so much more.  

  I blanket stitched the stockings together using the white Baker's twine.  The stockings are then stuffed with a little bit of batting to make them a little more dimensional.


I usedthe Snowflake and Holly Berry felt pieces from the Winter Wishes Stictched Felt pack (also in the Holiday mini).  And to finish off the felt pieces, I added the cute little mini jingle bells to the holly berries. (They are a great size and price, 48 bells for $2.95)


The red stocking uses the wreath from the stitched felt pack and I added bells to that too.  They are so cute.  The white pieces on this stocking are glued on using the Tombo Muti-purpose adhesive.



For the next four weeks each of us will be sharing the blog candy that we will be offering in honor of our 2-year blog anniversary... one lucky winner will get this Holiday Collection stamp set and 5/8" old olive grosgrain ribbon package from me - just in time for your Holiday crafting! In order to enter the drawing you have to leave us a comment on the Sisters in Stamping Site- let us know what you like and what you'd like to see in future posts. Remember, you can leave comments each week to increase your chances to win!! The contest will close on Wednesday, September 28th at Noon EST so be sure and leave your comments before that time to be entered in the drawing. Winners will be announced on our September 30th blog post on the Sisters in Stamping site... be sure and check back to see if you've won!


No comments:

Post a Comment