Friday, March 4, 2011

Let's start 2-steppin'

This month, yes, the whole month, over at Sisters in Stamping we will be focusing on different stamping techniques rather than specific products like we have been.  We thought we'd switch it up a bit.  So for the first week the theme is 2-step stampin'.  One of perhaps the easiest techniques that many stampers start with but one that ALWAYS give a wow in the end. I love 2-step stampin' because it gives me a lot of color with minimal effort.  You all know how much I love to color, NOT!!!!!!!!

I decided to use the Awash with Flowers stamp set for my card.  (And, here's a side note, for anyone attending either of my events on Saturday, this is one of the cards you will also get to make)  This is a set that many people were able to get last year before it debuted in the big book, so I know those stampers will appreciate another idea using a  set they already have.


I went for a bright look and a stark contrast by using the black and white cardstock.  I love how it looks in person.  The camera just doesn't do it justice.  I used Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, & Tempting Turquoise cardstocks and ink.  I also used Wild Wasabi ink for the tiny little leaves on the flowers. Again, I did my current favorite ribbon technique, what I call, "ruffling" to finish off the card.


Here's a close-up of the stamped portion of the card.  The "inside" stamps (the one that are different colors) don't line up exactly inside the "outside" (aka line) stamps and that is how it's supposed to be.  SOOOOOOO, don't stress when you don't get it "perfect."  Those of you who stamp with me on a regular basis know, "It's not supposed to be perfect. It's homemade and comes from the heart. That's all that matters."  Right???

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see more 2-step stamping ideas.  Next week we will be looking at different techniques using the heat embossing method.  You certainly won't want to miss out on those ideas.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment