Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or Treats for some Special 1st Graders

Yesterday was Jonah's Halloween party at school.  He was so excited all week about it. I'll share some Halloween costume photos with you later.  Of course, I went to the Halloween parade at the school and then I was asked to go and play a game with his class after the parade (during their party). Well, of course, I thought I should play a little Halloween Bingo with them using none other but Stampin' Up!'s great new Bingo stamp.  I had to dig into my retired stash of stamps for this great Halloween set to fit in the spaces.  I definitely will be letting Stampin' Up! know that we need more sets with small stamps to fit inside this great set.


I used the Bitty Boos set (retired a few years ago) and just kept stamping the 12 images in different colors, randomly on the cards.  Not all images in all colors are on each card.  Needed to make them different enough that we didn't have 10 winners all at the same time.  After I stamped the cards and images I matted the white stamped cardstock on some Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I finished them off by laminated them so I can use them year after year without having to worry about little finger smudges ruining them.



As I was stamping the cards I would stamp the image in that color on scrap white cardstock to use for the calling pieces.  Once I was completely finished I had about a sheet and a half of stamped calling pieces.  I punched each one out with the 1" circle punch and then attached them to 1 1/4" black circles.  Then no one can see through them and know what is going to be called next.  The kids had a great time playing bingo and I even gave prizes for the winners, the glow in the dark bracelets.  Wouldn't you know though that each and every student was a winner?  (Of course, I would give each of them a bracelet at the end of the game.  That just wouldn't be fair if I didn't).


And this was the cute little bag I made for Jonah to give each of his classmates. I used the mini lunch sacks from the Holiday mini catalog to emboss the spider web (also in the mini).  It's pretty cool because you leave the bag just the way it comes and even the sides end up embossed.  I then used the crop-a-dile to punch two holes in the top center to tie it closed with some black ribbon.  I then stamped the Spider from Bitty Boos on white cardstock, punched it out and attached it to a black scallop circle. I punched a hole in the scallop and attached it to the black ribbon with linen thread.



Here's all 19 of them together.  They look great.  I was really happy with how they turned out.



And lastly, I made a cute little pumpkin for Jonah's teacher, Miss Cummings.  He loves her and she is so good to him.  I used a plastic paint pail and attached the Pumpkin faces decor elements to the front of it.  I inserted some pumpkin pie designer series paper inside to make it orange and then finished it off with pumpkin pie 1 1/4" striped grosgrain strips of ribbon tied on the handle.  I also attached one of the spiders that went on each of the kids bags to the side of the handle.  What did I fill it with?  Well, what else but a whole lot of chocolate.  Who wouldn't love that?  I know it would be a great gift for me. : )

Tomorrow I'll share some of the Halloween treats for some of my nieces and nephews.


1 comment: