Monday, October 11, 2010

The last of the glitter, but only for now!

Here is the final installment of my glitter, sticky pages, and big shot projects that I made for my Workshop Wow presentation at the Baltimore Regional Stampin' Up! held last weekend.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and see your creations using this technique.  Please do share.

This shamrock was made using the Hearts & Brackets die.  I used the smaller heart and the smaller bracket to make the shamrock.  Just place three hearts (tips together) to form the shamrock top.  Use half of the small bracket to make the stem of the shamrock.  This card uses Stampin' Up! chunky glitter.  When using the chunky glitter you should be sure to press the glitter down (after you "dump" it on) because it doesn't like to stick the first try.


This card uses the larger heart and brackets from the same die that was used to make the shamrock.  I really like the red and gold glitter together.  I even used Stampin' Up!'s brushed gold cardstock for one of the layers.


And finally, this bird card was the card that I was going to make at the Syracuse regional which was supposed to be held back in February but was cancelled due to that horrendous snow storm we received the last week in February.  I was asked to present a workshop wow at that event and was really sad that I didn't get the chance to show everyone this fun technique.  However, I did get to do the presentation in Baltimore but this little beauty was left out because the bird flew away (AKA retired) the end of June.  I decided to show the card anyway because you can now get the die on the clearance rack at a great discounted price.  Soooo, if you really like this card, head over there, choose me as your demonstrator and get yourself one of these before they are gone.

These cards are a lot of fun to make and I promise there will be more of them in your future.  Look at that I'm a fortune teller now.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment