Sunday, October 10, 2010

Glittery "BOO" for you

Here is one of the last of my glittery projects that I made for my Workshop Wow presentation for Stampin' Up!'s regional seminar in Baltimore last weekend.  I do have two more ideas for tomorrow.  And I have several more ideas swirling around in my head, so you WILL be seeing more glitter projects in the future.

This first one was a modified version of a BOO banner we made at my Big Shot Club in September.  For this one I enhanced it by die cutting the letters B-O-O from the sticky pages. The base of each letter is cut with the scallop square die.  I cut a piece of the on board chipboard as well as a piece of basic black cardstock.  The ribbon is sandwiched between those two layers.

I also used the awesome new owl punch to make the cute little ghosts. And the bat punch was used for the little bat accents.  I also added some buttons with ribbon threaded through the holes in between the letters for some added umph. I was sure to make each letter  little different from the others. 


For the "B" I embossed the peach parfait cardstock with the perfect polka dot embossing folder (my ultimate favorite embossing folder, I love polka dots).  I used purple and black glitter on the "B" but cutting the orange plastic on a diagonal.  The little ghost has rhinestone eyes to just add some more bling.


The first "O" was stamped using the spider web from the Wicked Cool stamp set in whisper white.  I used only a portion of the ghost to have it peeking out of the center of the "o"  I used olive and black glitter on this letter.


The last "o" background was embossed with the spider web embossing folder.  The spider web is brushed with the whisper white pad (like I did in Friday's Halloween Treat Holder). I used orange and black glitter on the letter.  Each of the black scallop squares were dotted using the white gel pen to finish it off.

Why don't you try making one of these  They are a lot of fun and you can just change the theme to FALL, JOY (for Christmas), etc.  I'd love to see what you come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment