Friday, April 2, 2010

2-Steppin' Friday

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday. Over at Sisters in Stamping we are showcasing projects using 2-step stamping. I personally love 2-step stamps because they give me a lot of color on my projects without me actually having to color. (Something I don't like to do very much at all.)

I used a new set that will makes it's official debut in the new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog when it comes out July 1. However, don't be too upset because you can get it this month as part of Stampin' Up!'s 2-step promotion. You can even earn it FREE in addition to all the other great items you receive as a hostess with a qualifying workshop of $350 or more during the month of April. The set is called Awash with Flowers.



I used some colors that I don't usually go for on this card. Taken with teal, Crushed Curry and Cameo Coral. I'm please with how it turned out. I think it's very refreshing. I stamped the inside of the flower on both the crushed curry and the cameo coral strips of cardstock in their respective colors and then I ran them through the dot embossing folder in the Big Shot. It "needed" more dots because of the dots on the Crushed Curry cardstock.

I used Basic Gray ink for the outline because I wanted it to be a little softer looking than what black would do. I put the main image on the card with, f course, dimensionals. Instead of putting it square on I decided to tilt it a little and I like the fun look this gives the overall project.


Above is the Two-Step into Spring promotion chart. You can purchase the Awash with Flowers set in April. If you don't, you will have to wait until July to get it again. You can also purchase 4 different sets that are found in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog at a 20% discount. Gotta love a good sale.

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more 2-step ideas.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family.


No comments:

Post a Comment