Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Fabulous Friday

Happy New Year to all my Stamping Friends! I hope 2010 will bring you much happiness and health.

Welcome to another fabulous Friday posting. This is the first one of 2010 and we (the sista's and I) can't wait to see what this year brings in the world of stamping. This week we are excited to share with you some great new accessories from the Occasions Mini catalog which makes it's debut on Tuesday, January 5, 2009. Be sure to check out the other ideas on the Sisters in Stamping Blog.

Didn't receive your copy yet, contact me and I will get one out to you. In the meantime, head over to my website to view it online.

There are so many great products in the new mini, I had a difficult time deciding on a project. I finally settled on an altered paint can. You can purchase empty, clean paint cans at any hardware store. They are great to package gifts in a unique way or just to use it as a storage container on your counter or desk. If you use it as a package it's a gift within a gift. How cool is that?


For this can, I decided I wanted to make it to hold Jonah's Valentine cards for school this year. It isn't easy making something for Valentine's for a little boy that isn't too girly. Know what I mean? Anyway, I think it came out really cute. I used the new Designer Series Paper, Sweet Pea to cover the can. I love the colors and the bold patterns in this paper.

I was sure to decorate the lid of my can too. You don't want to leave that naked. I used the new small heart punch and the new scalloped heart of hearts embosslit die to decorate the small strip going around the can as well as the lid of the can. I decided to use the brown paper from Sweet Pea to make the can more masculine looking.




Here's a close-up of the embosslit. It's really a neat die that I can't wait to use a lot more.
Don't forget to hop on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for some more ideas using accessories from the Occasions Mini catalog.


No comments:

Post a Comment