Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Let's Hear it For the Guys Blog Hop



 Hello Stamping Friends,

A month has already passed since the last Stamper's Dozen blog hop, I can hardly believe it. This month we are focusing on the guys in our lives. Whether it's Father's Day (coming up on Sunday), a graduate or even your favorite guy's birthday, you're sure to love this month's ideas.

You would think being that I have a husband, two sons, grandson, brother, and lots of brother-in-laws that I would be full of the guy ideas, but I must be honest with you, I AM NOT. I struggle with guy cards I think because I just like the frilly girly stuff so much. So when there is a guy challenge I embrace it, accept the challenge and am usually quite pleased with the end result.


This card was no different. There's no bling, no frills, not even a ton of layers (which I also really like) but I must say, I am quite pleased with the end result.  First I stamped the truck in basic black on watercolor paper, then I did a clear water wash around the truck to have the ink (from reinkers) "float" around the paper to make the sky and ground. Then I watercolored the truck using an aquapainter and reinkers. If you want you can easily change out the Happy Father's Day greeting and switch it to suit any need you may have. The greeting is stamped in whisper white craft ink on basic black cardstock.

To finish it off, I just used a basic black marker to add some darker detail to a few spots on the truck. Hope you are inspired. If you want to learn how to make this card or even watercolor contact me to schedule your own private class. I'd love to show you and your friends how easy it is.

Next up, we have Bonnie's great project. Click on the Next blog button below to go to her blog.


If you're just starting here at my blog, you missed out on Judy's, so click the previous blog to see that.


Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment