Monday, April 25, 2022

Crafty Challenge Blog Hop - Sketch


Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm back. Are you loving these blog hops as much as I am? I love the challenge and then seeing all of the great ideas everyone shares. I hope you are finding as much inspiration as I am.  Today's hop is a sketch challenge. Sometimes thinking of a new layout is challenging and these sketch challenges certainly help in that area.

This sketch was even more fun to create because it was not a traditional size card. It's a slim line card.  It's 3 1/2" x 8 1/2", long and narrow. I like switching things up once in a while.


So, this was a little fun to interpret. I wasn't sure if it was two strips under the set of three rectangles or was it one? Technically, it could be either. That's why sketch challenges are fun.


I decided it was one strip and stamped my greeting on the white space. But, I added a layer on the bottom that I embossed to give some texture and to cover up all the white space that was left over. I love how this card turned out.

I chose to use three different colors of cardstock for each rectangle that my birdhouses are on and then stamped the birdhouses in the same colors, but attach the two green ones to the opposite green to give it a little more variety. 

The colors are so refreshing and say spring to me. 

Hope you like the card and feel inspired. Remember there is only about a week left with the current catalog, so place your order today for any items that will be gone in May. Visit my website to order.







6 comments: