Friday, October 25, 2019

Trick or Treat?

Remember to Create!

Hello Stamping Friends,

Another week has passed us by. I hope you have had a fantastic week and even squeezed in a little crafting. This month is flying by, Halloween is less than a week away and that means the month is over.  Don't blink because it will be gone.

This week for Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping we are sharing some Halloween treats with you. Be sure to head over to the blog to see what the others created. There are some cute projects.


Here is my sweet project. I don't particularly care for scary Halloween themes so I decided to go with a sweet little jack-o-lantern that anyone would be sure to love.  What did I make? I made a bag-o-lope. Say what? Yep, it's a bag made from an envelope. We all have plenty of envelopes around so there's no excuse not to try it. 


First, you want to stamp your envelope. Way easier while it's flat, trust me. 😉 For my envelope I stamped it and then took the black stampin' write marker to make additional plaid on the buffalo check. Once you have it stamped to your liking, you will score it evenly on three of the four sides. For this particular bag, I scored it at 1/2" on the three sides. I cut the envelope down to 4 1/2" and sealed the flap before trying to "open" the bag." 

I fold the scored edges back and forth a few times to make it easier to shape the bag. Then you will pop the sides and the bottom in. You will need a little adhesive on the triangle pieces that are extra from the sides to attach to the bottom of the bag.

Then just make a cute little tag and attach it to the bag with a dimensional. Oh, yeah, you need to fill it with some spooky crinkle paper and treats before you give it to anyone. An empty Halloween treat would be a not so nice trick to play.


This is the back of the bag. It's difficult to see in the picture where the flap of the envelope is but it's really there. It's between the third and fourth vertical black lines. I just wanted you to see that it totally doesn't look like an envelope any more.  Pretty neat, right? This is certainly an oldie but goodie. I made these almost 19 years ago when I first started with Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping for more Halloween treat ideas. You still have time to make a few treats for your little Trick or Treaters.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment