Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop - Cards That Move


Hello Stamping Friends,

Told you I would be back today with the Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop. This month it's all about cards that move. Young and old enjoy interactive cards. When was the last time you made a card with movement? If it's been a while, then you have come to the right place this month. You will be inspired to make multiple cards that move. I can't wait to hear and see the movement cards you make after this hop.

I am giddy with excitement with my card. It turned out exactly how I imagined it would and you all know that doesn't always happen. I love, love, love it. Hope you will too. My card style was inspired by a card I made this summer with some great demonstrator friends when we got together for a few days up in Maine. Thanks Mel for the inspiration, and thanks Patty for getting us all together this summer.

After deciding on the type of card, I then went to the next phase: what in the world was I going to stamp on this slider card. In July we did a fish theme (I'll share that with you another day). I wanted to use some new stamps from the holiday catalog so I decided to use the Cookie Cutter Halloween set and was really focused on the adorable little scarecrow. Then it hit me like a brick road (I mean, wall). I can make a Wizard of Oz® themed card with my little scarecrow sliding down the yellow brick road with the mean, nasty apple trees behind him. Yeppers, this was all my idea. I didn't see this anywhere else and then tweak it to make it my own, it was all from my little brain. Which made me even happier. (It's really the small things, right?)

So without further adieu, here is the card:

-

Isn't it awesome? I wish I can figure out a Dorothy to go with him. 


Here he is sliding halfway across the yellow brick road. The piece you pull to make the scarecrow move is where you can stamp a greeting and/or write a message. With the ribbon on the edge, it gives the recipient a HUGE clue to pull out the card. You know, non-crafters often don't know how to "work" our great creations.


And here he is at the "end" of the yellow brick road. The card is completely pulled out and you can see the message. I thought I wanted to find something that would be a good fit to go along with the movie. The Here for You set had the perfect sayings; sometimes life is a pain in the neck (which the tin man complained about his neck) and the other part, sometimes it's a pain in other places too fits the scarecrow when Dorothy encountered him. Yes, I watched a couple clips to make sure I wasn't imagining them saying these things. Didn't want to mislead anyone with my indirect quotes.


To make the card, I started with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of emerald envy cardstock. I then scored it at 1/4" and at 4 1/8". Punch half of a circle after you finish stamping your white layer by lining up the edge of the whisper white cardstock and the emerald envy. Then you make a slice through the front of the card just above the yellow brick road. This is how your scarecrow will slide (you can see the slit in the picture above). Then I put a 1/2" x 2" piece of cardstock through the slit so half is showing in the front and the bottom half is inside the card. Attach that to the pull out card piece and then attach your scarecrow with a dimensional to the top half that is sticking out in front of the first tree. Seal the left and bottom edges with tear and tape and you are done.

Be sure to continue on to the next blog for more ideas with cards that move. Don't stop "moving" here!




Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
1/4" Circle Handheld Punch
1/4" Circle Handheld Punch
[134364]
$9.00

No comments:

Post a Comment