Friday, September 4, 2015

Have you ever tried this?

Hello Stamping Friends,

How are you on this fine Friday? I'm a pretty happy mom because Noah is coming home for the weekend. It's only been a week with him at college but I really miss him. Anyway, this week at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing projects with different technique with all of you. You're going to love seeing an old technique used again or a new technique, so be sure to check them out.

I am not sure of a specific name for my technique so I'm calling it, inked texturing. I wanted to achieve the look of an old brick wall that has graffiti on it for this card, so I began with my brick wall embossing folder (obviously, you all love it because it has been very popular causing a bit of a backorder with it).


I inked up the embossing folder by tapping the ink pad all over the one side of the folder. Be sure to ink the side that has the Stampin' Up!/Sissix logo on it. After it's all good and inked up you run it through the Big Shot like you normally would to add texture to the cardstock. When you take it out you have this great looking aged brick wall. Each time you do it, it will look a little different (I guess that's like most things we stampers make, right?)

Then I just added some birthday greetings and happy stars and "arrows" for my graffiti. It's so fun to make this and the better thing is that it's so easy too.  Go ahead, try it, you're going to love this technique. It gives you more use of those embossing folders.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great technique ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment