Sunday, December 29, 2013

Annual Yurinkin' Stamp Addicts Christmas Dinner

Hello Stamping Friends,

One of the highlights of the Yurinkin' Stamp Addicts (that's the name of my team of demonstrators) annual team events is the Christmas dinner. We meet at a restaurant, have dinner, swap (cards, ornaments, and/or tags, depending on the year), and do a gift exchange.  I honestly can't say what my favorite part of the night is. I love the informal get together with my team over dinner, but the swaps and gift exchange are awesome as well. I don't know how but the gift exchange gifts keep on getting better every year.

The gift exchange is a hand-stamped, homemade gift using Stampin' Up! products and stamps (of course!) We are allowed to take any non-Stampin' Up! item and alter it using our great products. The ideas just keep on getting better and better as time goes on. So here are some of the gifts and the lucky recipients from this year's gift exchange.

 
Here I am with a gorgeous lamp that has magnetic snowflakes on it, made by Lucia B. The magnets mean I can switch it up from year to year. Here they are all in a diagonal line around the shade but I can certainly see them placed sporadically around the shade as well. Lucia also made a bunch of small flowers that I can switch out the snowflakes for the Spring  and Summer. Can't you imagine the possibilities?

 
This is Lucia B. with her gift, a decorated Christmas box that will hold all your special cards, recipes, holiday traditions or any other special momentos you want to keep safe and secure. Dianne S. made this box and did a great job on it. I'm sure Lucia is going to treasure it for years to come.

 
And Patti H. can't help but smile when she sees her sparkly Christmas curled paper wreath. I made this wreath using red and silver glimmer paper. It is so awesome to see in person. I even made a red glimmer bow to adorn the bottom of the wreath. I love these wreaths and can't wait to make more of them for all different occasions and holidays. I hope Patti loves the wreath too.

 
And here is Dianne S. with Patti's gift. It's really hard to see in the picture but the framed art is all paper quilled pieces (a tree, flowers, and even a candle). Patti did a great job with this project and we were all oohing and ahhing over it. Definitely a labor of love with all of the great detail.
 
We had more team members in attendance but they opted out of the gift exchange this year. That's what makes the night so special too. We love to have everyone with us and they do not need to feel obligated to swap or do the gift exchange. The whole night is really about the friendship.
 
I love my team and am so grateful for each and every one of them. If you want to belong to a wonderful group of ladies, join the team, we would love to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment