Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's Official!

Hello Stamping Friends,

Yes, it's official, I have a 16 year old son who now has a driver's permit. Have no idea how it happened. Seems like just a few years ago, I brought home a beautiful bouncing baby boy and now they tell me he's growing into a fine young man.  I'm so proud of Noah and all that he is doing but honestly, just not ready for him to grow up.  I think at each age I say I wish he would just stay that age but he never listens. He just keeps growing up. I'm sure all of you with children could relate.

So now he is driving. Yikes, I'm so not ready for that. I let him drive in our development tonight and he really did a good job.  But as a nervous passenger (yes, me!) it's not easy to sit there with someone learning how to drive.  Way to get him started, a light rain (guess that helps with the bad weather driving he needs to do) and then 2 deer on each side of the road.  Really, he did great.  He then got home and convinced Dad to go out for a drive with him and Dad said he did great too.

 
This is Noah's invitation for his party this coming weekend.  He didn't want invitations, he told me he was fine with facebook invites (of course, this Mom was not hearing any of that) and made the simplest looking cards I could for a boy that didn't want anything fancy.  What do you think?  Did I pass the test?  I did sneak a car stamp on the inside over the words (which were printed in black) in river rock (so you can't really see it but it's definitely there).
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None (on the outside that you see)
Ink: None (again, on the outside that you see)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White & River Rock, Neutrals Paper Stack (River rock)
Accessories: Big Shot, Houndstooth folder (hard to see in the picture but the white cardstock is embossed), big shot letters and numbers, 2 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch and 1" circle punch, multipurpose glue, dimensionals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment