Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rain or Shine, I Think of You

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope today friends you doing extremely well.  It is the last day of February and that means Spring is right around the corner. I know I can't wait: sun, warmer weather, trees growing their leaves, flowers blooming, birds chirping. Everything will suddenly come alive. It's just so energizing, isn't it?

Today I'm sharing a card with you that I made for a workshop a while back.  You  know that I needed to have the whale set and I think I'm doing a pretty good job of actually using the set, don't you?  I think it's a great set to pair with the oh, so cute umbrellas too.

 
I used the window frames framelits for my focal point. And to add a little twist to the look I didn't use them to layer, instead I just used square pieces of cardstock for my layers. Also, I like the pairing of this particular designer series paper because there are clouds and raindrops and then the sun shining and rainbows, perfect for the greeting on this card. Well, that's what I thought anyway.  I stamped the umbrella handle right on the window frame cutout instead of trying to cut it out. Much easier that way.
 
 I know I've been hearing lots of rumbles and grumbles when I have to have stampers cut out the umbrellas though. Everyone asks for a punch or framelits. Boy, we have become extremely spoiled, haven't we?
 
It looks like this card is more difficult to put together than it really is and I credit the designer paper for that. Makes it looks so nice without much effort at all.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Rain or Shine & Oh, Whale
Ink: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo & Basic Gray
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point & Daffodil Delight Cardstock & Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, & Snail Adhesive
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment