Friday, February 22, 2013

More Sale-a-bration Going On

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday with Sisters in Stamping.  This week we needed to use the Sale-a-bration designer series paper, Sycamore Street on a project.  I made this card awhile ago but didn't share it so I figured I should do it now since it fits the challenge.

 
Funny thing, is I made it for my son Noah because he went skateboarding at an indoor skate park. About 10 minutes after I dropped him off, my phone starts ringing and it's him. He asks if I was anywhere new Walmart. I told him no, I'm halfway home. He continued to tell me that he really thinks I need to go to Walmart because he ripped his jeans. I asked how bad is it and can't he just wear them. He told me that they were pretty bad.  So Mom turns around and head to Walmart (which is only about 2 blocks away from the skating place. I told him I would just get some athletic type shorts (I really knew it was bad if he was asking to get no name jeans, he always wears skinny jeans from skating stores). When I went to drop off the shorts, I saw his ripped jeans. He was absolutely right there was no way he could stay there skating for 5 more hours. There's no way of fixing these jeans as the tear is about a foot long from the zipper down. I was frustrated that day but the next day I laughed about it and said he was like SpongeBob. (Guess that's on too much in this house).  So I made him this card, of course, he didn't appreciate nearly as much as I did. LOL
 
Hope you enjoyed the little story behind the card. Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more ideas using the Sycamore Street designer paper from the Sale-a-bration flyer.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Patterned Occasions (Sale-a-bration)
Ink: Pacific Point Classic Pad & Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, & Whisper White Cardstock, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-bration)
Accessories: Petite Curly Label Punch (Sale-a-bration), Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment