Friday, August 3, 2012

Come One, Come All

Hello Stamping Friends,

I am continuing my convention display samples parade but this is also in line with the Sisters in Stamping theme for this week, texture impressions folders. I love when one card can do two tricks for me.  I think this card here is by far my absolute favorite card of the 24 projects I made for the displays.  I just love how it turned out, hope you feel the same.

It is the third of 6 projects using the You're Amazing stamp set.  I tried to use each set in a different way for all 6 of the projects I needed to create for each one.  That's easier said than done.  You have to really take yourself out of one mode and put yourself into another one very quickly. I am happy with how I was able to make them look different with using the same set over and over. It can be done, I promise. I did it and I lived to tell about it.


Isn't it a fun card. What kid wouldn't love to receive this card for their birthday or special celebration?  There's so much color and texture on this card that it is sure to win over the hearts of any recipient. I think I really love elephants. They are so big and massive yet seem so gentle. Except for the one that sprayed me with water at our little zoo, Nay Aug, when I was a small girl. I didn't really like her much. Well, that was until the park closed and she moved to the National Zoo in Washington D.C., then I decided that I missed her. I always loved riding the elephants when we would go to the circus. I insisted my boys ride the elephant at the Rennaisance Faire because they "needed" to have that same experience. I wonder if they care as much about riding it as I cared for them to actually do it. I'm sure my childhood memories are more important to me than they are to the boys.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: You're Amazing
Ink: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, & Daffodil Delight
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, & World Spectacular Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Argyle Texture impressions folder, Big Shot, Rhinestone, glue dots, snail adhesive, dimensionals, aqua painter, ticket duo builder punch and paper snips

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more impressions folder projects to inspire you.  Thank you so much for visiting today. Come back tomorrow to continue to view the "parade."


No comments:

Post a Comment