Monday, July 23, 2012

Post Convention Update

Well I'm back from convention (and now well rested).  I had a fabulous time this week seeing "old" friends from across the US and Canada and making new friends.  I learned some great new ideas and projects that I can't wait to try out for myself and share with all of you.  I won some prizes and got lots of free stamps.  This post is going to be full of pictures from throughout the week. Just a small glimpse into Stampin' Up! convention 2012.


The above video was how we opened the first general session at convention.  It is the theme song for this year's convention and many of the employees at the home office were lip dubbing. 


Shelli on stage during the Open General Session.  I am was the theme for this year's convention. 


This is all the loot we received while at convetion.  Yes, I got 8 new stamp sets, one pkg of Designer Series Paper, make n takes, a fan, a couple of new accessories from the Holiday catalog and the awesome convetion bag. It's the yellow chevron pattern you see.


This was the exclusive Convention set, I am.  If we attended six classes and wrote the secret word we were able to go get this set during lunch on the final day.


This is a peek into momento mall.  Besides being full of great logo merchandise there are even some stamping displays that you never want to miss.


This is a look at the Gathering Place. It's a huge room where there are tons of displays, new product stations to learn the tips and tricks of new products, and lots of tables to sit down and relax.


This is Scott Neilson, the CFO at Stampin' Up!  This was on Awards night where he revealed that our next Manager's reception in Jnauary will be held at the Wizardly World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios in Orlando.  I can't wait.  I went to the Manger's reception there in the hero's section (not sure of the exact name) a few years ago and had a blast.


Another peek at Momento Mall.  This shows 2 of the shirts that were available to purchase as well as 2 of the reusable shopping bags.


Here I am getting ready to walk the stage for my achievement of $20K in sales for this year. Thank you to all of you who continue to support me and my Stampin' Up! business. I truly appreciate it.  I also walked for earning the Hilton Head Incentive trip in September (yes, Don and I get an FREE trip to Hilton Head) and I walked for my career sales of $300K.  None of which would be possible without you, my loyal supporters.


And here is a group shot on Awards night of all my roomies and Shelli.  Yes, we had nine all together. We were in a 3 room suite with a kitchen, so it really wasn't bad at all. We all had our own space and were not overcrowded in anyway.  And to think on Tuesday when I joined them I only knew one of them, but by Sunday when I left I had 7 new demonstrator friends that I can't wait to see again soon.


Two of Stampin' Up!'s training facilitators, Shannon West and Brian Pilliing.  I love Shannon, she is so sweet and always fun to watch on stage while stamping.  I don't know Brian very well but I have always enjoyed his presentations.  Here, Shannon was getting ready to do a stamping presentation on Halloween and Fall projects (no she doens't always dress like this) and Brian was her helper to pass out some treats to the audience (he doesn't normally dress that way either).


Here is Bonnie Thurbur and Holly Linford. Also from the home office.  Bonnie is a sweetheart and very funny.  I met her on my way to Universal Studios for the Manager's Reception several years ago. She and Sheryl Shields (another home office employee) befriended me and insisted I hang out with them for the evening because I was by myself.  I'm so honored to be able to call her a friend.  I look forward to seeing both of them at each SU event.  Holly was doing a presentation on MDS2 (a new program coming out on August 1st) and she asked Bonnie to sing a duet with her prior to her presentation. They did a phenomenal job and Holly rocks with MDS.


Here Shelli and Sara (her daughter) talk with Richtar.  Rich is really our President.  This portion was streamed live for demonstrators all over the world. Richtar announced that our next Grand Vacation was a cruise to the Western Carribean.


Here is Shelli with Jason Dorsey, our guest speaker. He talked about Generation Y and how we (Generation x and Baby Boomer's) can connect with Gen Y.  He was awesome. I think he was by far my most favorite guest speaker of all time.


And lastly, here is Scott Nielson talking with (I don't know who it is really) about our Getaway trip we can earn for next year.  The getaway trip is to San Diego. I can't wait to earn one of the two trips.  Better get back to work. Time will fly by.

Hope you enjoyed your glimpse into what my week was like. Tomorrow I will share some cards that I created for the display boards at convention.  I was honored to be asked to create for the boards.  Being that I did 24 projects, I will be sharing them throughout the week.  Don't want to over stimulate.  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment