Friday, December 9, 2011

A pretty way to give a Gift

Welcome to another great week of stamping and creating at Sisters in Stamping.  This week we are focusing on gift card holders.  We all say they are the perfect gift for those people who are difficult to buy for, right?  Well, now we can give them those awesome gifts in a fabulous holder that will be sure to please them just as much as the gift itself.



I used the Stocking die and the big shot to make my gift card holder. I used very vanilla cardstock to cut two of each piece from the die.  On the front of the stocking I embossed using the Northern Flurry folder. For the cuff, toe, and heel of the stocking I used the Snow burst folder to carry over the snowflake theme.  I used some dazzling diamonds on the large snowflake on the stocking for some added pizzazz.  To finish it off I made a bow using baja breeze and very vanilla seam binding and marina mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  The bow is secured using an Antique brad. 

I used the tombo multi purpose adhesive (aka green glue) to glue the stocking together (don't put glue on the top) and it was used to glue the pieces on too.  I used a dimensional on the back of the brad to attach the bow to the stocking.

Be sure to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for even more great gift card holder ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment