Friday, July 22, 2011

It's all about those Special Occasions, right?

We have so many special occasions to celebrate every month, every year.  And Stampin' Up! is certainly there to help us create along the way.  This week at Sisters in Stamping we are showcasing sets from the Occasions section of the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog. 

I choose the Patterned Party stamp set for my card this week.  We always need a birthday card.  Come on, have you ever been caught without a card at the last minute?  I thought so.  This is a pretty easy card to duplicate and make mulitples of so you won't be in a frantic hurry when you get a last minute invite or you simply forgot that party was tonight.  (I know it's happened to me and I'm pretty sure I not alone in this category).


I used 4 of the new 2011-2012 In-Colors, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo (I just love this year's in-colors, a great green, Lucky Limeade and a much needed light purple, Wisteria Wonder.  These are my favorite 2, even though I like them all).  I also used whisper white and basic black.

I used the In-color markers to ink up the balloon image and the versamark pad was used with the number and banner stamps. It's the easy way when stamping on several colors all at once.

The main image is attached to the card using dimensionals.  I also used the fun new 3/8" ruffled ribbon in the Lucky Limeade shade to finish off the card.  And I can't forget the fun Designer Printed Brads in the In-Colors that I "tied" the ribbon off with.

I wanted to add some crystal effects to the balloons but it's so stinkin' hot and humid here in PA (there is sweat from just sitting and typing, that's how crazy it is), that I thought it would never dry for me to take a decent picture.  Guess I'll have to add that on a cooler day.

Don't forget to visit the Sisters in Stamping blog for more great card ideas using sets from the Occasions section of the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.

If you don't have your own copy of the catalog yet, let me know and we can arrange for you to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment