Friday, June 10, 2011

Say it Isn't So

It's time to say goodbye to many of our favorite stamp sets. I know it's hard to believe that it's that time of year again but it's true.  Come June 30th, many sets will be retired.  This week at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing with you some of our favorite stamp sets that will be leaving us in a few short weeks.

I dedided to work with the nice and easy notes set.  I love this set because it's great for new stampers.  There's a little something for almost every occasion all in one set.  It's a great beginner set.  Get the set, black stamp pad, some cardstock and some coloring medium and you are ready to make a ton of cards.

I picked the birthday cake for several reasons.  1. You can never have enough birthday cards.  2. I'm stamping birthday cards with one the classes at the elementary school today. 3. I'm hosting (and participating) in a shoebox swap later this evening and needed a quick card for everyone to make.  How are those reasons.  This ended up doing triple duty for me.  Gotta love when one card can be used for so many different things.  lol

I also used the retiring Sweet & Sour Specialty Designer paper on the card.  I'm really going to miss this paper.  I've used it a lot.  The cake was watercolored using Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie ink pads and a blender pen.  To finish it off, I glittered the top of the candles and the icing on the cake.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for a few more retiring stamp set ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment