Friday, June 17, 2011

A little Pizzazz

Thanks for stopping by again.  It's Fabulous Friday again (one day, hopefully soon, I will post more often than once a week).  I just can't believe how fast the weeks go by anymore.  Anyway, over at Sisters in Stamping we are showcasing retiring stamp sets again.  There are so many great sets that it's really hard to choose which one you want to create with.  I want to use all of them.  But lo and behold, I narrowed it down to one, Petal Pizzazz this week.


I also used some of the Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper (DSP) (which is also retiring) on the front of the card.  I love using the designer paper as a sounding board for choosing my color palette.  This card uses Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink and Concord Crush cardstock because that's what the DSP told me.  lol

Not a difficult, extremely technique laden card but it really is pretty in person.  I love the look of the striped DSP with the embossed dots on the pink layer.  I then used the scallop edge punch for the vanilla strip of cardstock.  There really is a lot of texture going on on this card. 

The large flower is stamped directly on the vanilla square cardstock.  The other two flowers are stamped on scrap vanilla and cut out.  They are attached to the large flower using dimensionals.  Being that the set is called Petal Pizzazz, I decided to add some final pizzazz to the front of the card by adding a rhinestone to the center of the smallest flower.


I added a layer of vanilla cardstock to the inside of the card because it's difficult to write on the gray cardstock.  It is stamped with a couple of flowers just to dress it up a bit and bring the outside to the inside.

Hope you like it.  BTW, if you are attending my Retirement Open House this evening (from 5:30 - 8PM) this is one of the two cards you will be making.  Have I tempted you??????????

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using retiring stamp sets.  There are a few short weeks left to order your favorite Stampin' Up! sets and accessories that will soon be gone forever.  Don't miss out, head over to my store by clicking below to place your order.  Or you can always call or email me your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment