Friday, March 11, 2011

Time to Heat Things Up

Welcome to another fabulous Friday at Sisters in Stamping. This week we are heating things up with embossing, aka embossing with a heat gun and some embossing powder.
Remember the entire month of March we will be focusing on different stamping techniques.  So be sure to come back every Friday to see what the technique of the week is.

I used the Bold Blossom stamp set for my Spring card.  I'm really itching for Spring at this point.  I want all the snow melted and out of sight until at least December.  Will it happen, who knows, that's the beauty of living on the mountain in NEPA.

Anyway, I did the emboss resist technique on my card. Here's what you do, stamp in versamark, emboss with white or clear embossing powder, and then sponge different colors over the embossed images.  The embossed image resists the ink.  The ink won't stick to it.

Isn't she a beauty?  Definitely saying ready for Spring with this one.  I also used the versamark pad to ink the flowers on the 3 different strips that are attached to the base layer.  That way I got the tone on tone look without having to use 3 different ink pads and cleaning the stamp in between colors.  One of my favorite uses for the versamark besides embossing. So now it's time for you to go get out your heat gun and do some embossing.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment