Friday, March 18, 2011

Brayer? When was the last time you used yours?

Let me start off by saying, "I'm so sorry for being a bit absent these last two weeks."  Not sure how it happened but I have been extremely busy and unable to sit at the computer much to type my posts.  I hope to post more often this coming week so please be sure to come back often.

Now on to business, this week at Sisters in Stamping in are focusing on the brayer and the ways you can use it. I must admit that this was a bit tricky for me because I don't use the brayer much at all.  Honestly I can't tell you the last time I used it.

So I decided to to a quick card using the brayer for the reflection technique.  Ever tried your hand at it?  This was my first time and it wasn't too bad. But I'll let you be the judge of that, what do you think?



See the trees in the reflection of the water?  I stamped up the multiple tree stamp from the great, classic, Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  I rolled the brayer over the stamp and then rolled it onto the cardstock.  This allows you to get the reverse image.  I then stamped the trees the "normal" way of stamping onto the cardstock.  To finish it off, I used the brayer to add the water and the green to the top of the images.  I suggest you use glossy cardstock when using the brayer because it is easier to "move" the color on the glossy rather than the smooth cardstock.

I also used the two way glue pen and some dazzling diamonds glitter to make the reflection "glimmer" in the water.  I will certainly be playing with this technique more because it was fun and pretty easy to do.  Hope you enjoyed and learned a new tip this week.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see what else you can do with the brayer.  Have an awesome weekend.  I know I will. I'm headed to Hartford, CT this weekend for one of Stampin' Up! regional seminars.  I love stamping with several hundred friends.  I'll be sure to share more about the seminar next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment